Please read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information Yelvertoft Marina Limited (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained. You should regularly review this privacy notice, as we may change it from time to time. If we make any significant changes, we will endeavour to send you an email to notify you of such changes, although this may not always be possible. Additionally, we will display a notice on our website to identify the changes being made. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or do not agree with it, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are we?
Yelvertoft Marina Limited offers narrowboat leisure moorings and associated maintenance services at our slipway.
Yelvertoft Marina Limited is registered to the following address:
23 West Bar,
You can find out more about us at http://www.yelvertoft-marina.com.
What does data protection law say?
Data protection law says that we can only use your personal information if we have a valid reason to do so. We will only keep and use your information for one or more of the following reasons:
• To fulfil or negotiate a contract with you,
• To comply with legal obligations,
• When it is in our legitimate interest,
• If you have provided consent.
We will only use your information for our legitimate interests when we have an appropriate business reason, and we will tell you what our legitimate interests are.
What information do we collect about you and why?
The information we collect about you depends on who you are, and what your relationship with us is. The information we hold about you may have been provided by you or obtained from a third-party source. We provide narrowboat moorings and associated boat maintenance services, and as such, most of the information we collect relates to individuals who use our services, or contact us about them.
• When you use a form on our website to ask a question or enquire about our services, we collect your name, email address and phone number to respond to your query.
• If you moor your boat at the marina, we will collect your name, address, phone number and email address, to provide you with a service and ensure we can contact you should we have need to, in relation to the safety of your boat. We will also retain copies of your boat insurance and boat safety certificates to ensure compliance with the Canal and Rivers Trust.
• If you visit the marina, your image may be recorded by our CCTV system. CCTV images are only shared with the Police where an alleged crime has taken place.
• If you use our slipway services, we will collect your name, address, phone number and email address, to provide you with a service and contact you in relation to that service should we need to.
• We will collect your name, address and phone number if one of our employees has provided your details as an emergency contact, and will only attempt to contact you should an emergency arise involving the employee who provided your details.
• We will collect your name, address, phone number and email address through our marketing activities when you complete an enquiry form at venues such as a boat show, we will use this information to respond to your query.
External links to other websites.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over any other websites we have provided the link to. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy notice.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information with third-parties for a variety of reasons, depending on who you are, and your relationship with us. Here is a list of some of the third parties that we typically share information with.
• We will share your contact details with the Canals and Rivers Trust should we be requested to do so in matters relating to your boat.
• We retain your name and address for any recreational craft diesel purchases as required by HM Customs and Excise, we are obliged to share this information if requested to do so by HM Customs and Excise.
• If you are a customer of Yelvertoft Marina and have expressed an interest in using any trades persons to complete work on your boat, we will share your contact details with them, so they can contact you about their services.
• We use several software and IT service providers to provide email and web hosting. They may store some personal information on our behalf but do not use it for their own purposes.
When do we use automated decision making?
We do not use automated means to make any decisions about you. All of our decisions are made with human involvement.
Do we send your personal information outside of the EEA?
We do not use IT service providers who have operations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We keep personal information for different lengths of time, depending on what it is, and what we use it for. Here are our retention periods for commonly collected information.
• Email addresses obtained via question / enquiry forms – We keep email addresses for as long as we believe you may be interested in our services. Should you tell us that you are no longer interested in our services, we will add your email address to our blacklist, to ensure you do not receive further marketing communications from us. Alternatively, you can request we delete your email address altogether.
• CV and right to work documentation – We will keep your details for up to 6 months after your last contact with us, so we can contact you if we have any opportunities for you.
• Customer contact details – We will retain customer contact details for the duration of any mooring term or services you purchase from us, and then for as long as we believe is reasonably necessary, so that we can contact you about previous and future engagements.
• CCTV Images - CCTV images are held on a secure, closed loop system and overwritten on a rolling 7 day basis. If an incident occurs at the marina, footage may be kept for the duration of any police investigation.
• Employees emergency contacts – If you have been nominated as an emergency contact for one of our employees, we will keep your contact details for as long that employee remains in our employment.
• Prospective customer contact details – We will keep your contact details for as long as we believe you may be interested in our services. Should you tell us that you are no longer interested in our services, we will add you to our blacklist, to ensure you do not receive further marketing communications from us. Alternatively, you can request we delete your contact details altogether.
• Tradesman contact details - We will keep your details for as long as we believe is reasonably necessary, so we can contact you to discuss previous, current and future work.
In some circumstances, we may need to keep your information for longer than stated above, such as, for evidence in an ongoing legal claim. We will contact you at the earliest opportunity if we intend to keep your personal information for longer than stated.
What are your rights?
You have several rights with regards to your personal information (listed below). In accordance with data protection law, we will exercise requests within one month, except where the request is considered excessive.
To exercise any of your rights, please submit your request in writing by emailing email@example.com.
Access to your personal information – You can request a copy of your personal information.
Change or correct your personal information – If you believe the information we hold is incorrect or incomplete, you can request we change it.
Request we stop using your personal information – If you do not believe we are using your personal information fairly or lawfully, you can ask us to delete, or stop using your personal information. In some circumstances we may not be able to delete your personal information (e.g. if it’s needed to comply with a legal obligation). If we cannot delete your personal information, we will tell you why.
Request we restrict the use of your personal information - You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information for the following reasons:
• You contest the accuracy of your personal information.
• You believe your personal information has been unlawfully processed, but you don’t want us to delete your personal information.
• We no longer need your personal information, but you need us to keep it so you can establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Whilst use of your personal information is restricted, we will not use it for any other purpose.
Withdraw consent – If you have provided consent for any activities involving your personal information, you can withdraw consent at any time.
How to complain?
If you believe we have used your personal information irresponsibly or unlawfully, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you wish to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), you can do so by visiting https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Changes in our Privacy Notice - Our privacy notice will be updated as required, to comply with the law. This privacy notice was last modified on the 19th of May 2018.